Tuesday, March 27, 2012

History of the Thanksgiving Day Game

This interesting video from History.com covers the history of the first broadcasted Thanksgiving Day game in Detroit in 1934. This sparked a tradition of Thanksgiving Day football games that is continued today.

What is your favorite Thanksgiving Day tradition? Personally, I love football on Thanksgiving; the two seem to complement each other so well. Do you associate the two together, like I do, or would you prefer football and Thanksgiving to be separate?

1 comment:

Jake Wirth said...

This is a really neat video Keaton. There is nothing that I enjoy more on Thanksgiving than football and eating turkey. I love to play and watch football and although I won't be playing on thanksgiving anymore, I can't wait to watch DS beat Medfield.

Thanksgiving football is such a great tradition and I had no idea that it started that long ago. I really like the video and your whole blog is pretty neat.